Sunday, May 18, 2008

2008 Kamloops: BC Cup #1 DH Race

Race Day.

The day started early at Rob's with a hearty breakfast and then off to the race course we went. To say it was hot was an understatement with even the locals even complaining about the heat. I took it easy for warm-up and did just two pre-runs and relaxed for my race run. The course had changed very little since the day before and I had all the turns down in my head.

Nothing was out of my reach on the course so I just gave it a good effort and in the end I came 3rd place in my class. There was a ton of drama with some glitches in the timing system, but in the end all the placings and peoples times were sorted.


I can't argue with 3rd place

Dave's riace run was cut short on a nasty rock section. His nice new rims had a nasty race ending dent in them.


And finally Rob chilling in the back of his truck after the race.

It was a great race that was well run and I am fortunate enough to have a good friend in Rob who hosted my family and I for this long weekend of racing.

No comments: