Saturday, April 19, 2008

Gusty Dusting

This morning I was on a bit of a tight schedule for my ride. Rather than just ride, I chose to push up Snakes and Ladders to see the condition of the trail, do a little work and then ride down.

It had snowed a little over night so the trail had a dusting and with the wind blowing through the trees, it made for some majestic scenery in the forest.

Dusting of powder

Breathtaking conditions in the trees

At one particular spot on the trail, the transition to a jump has begun to develop a rather nasty hole. I chose to fix this hole today with a bunch of rock. Th whole area needs a little TLC, but I want to see how this rock works in this spot and in the coming weeks, I'll likely rework the whole area for better drainage.

Before and after rock work

I then rode out the rest of Snakes and Ladders and Shotgun. By the time I was at the bottom, all the snow on Shotgun had melted. I managed to get a lot done in a very short amount if time and had a nice ride to boot.

No comments: