Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Deer in the bike lights

Tim and I hooked up for a night ride. The weather has been pretty damn good lately so we easily made it to the top to ride Karpenter, Blood Donor, Giant Killer, Snakes and Ladders and finally Shotgun.

I was riding my Ollie for the first time in many months. I've been riding my Banshee Rune almost exclusively, but I have my fork on the Rune in for warranty/service, so the Ollie my choice of ride today. I have to say it felt pretty foreign on the trails. Big, heavy and slow in the tight stuff, BUT really fast in the open areas.

Karpenter was okay but with the lack of work on the trail it is beginning to suck in parts. I think it is time for Tim and I to pay it a visit. Blood Donor was fun and Giant Killer was smooth as butter.......almost too smooth. I am beginning to miss the gnarly aspect of some trails nowadays. Smooth and fast is the way things are going; I want a few gnarly trails thrown in the mix as well.

On our way to Snakes and Ladders, we rolled up on a deer on the road. I managed to get out the camera and snap a shot of it.....not a great shot, but you can make it out in the upper right of the photo.

Snakes and Ladders was a hoot as always. Riding a big bike on it makes some of the terrain virtually disappear beneath your tires. I can see why I am liking the Rune as much as I am.

After riding out to the vehicles on Shotgun, Tim and I cracked a cold one and headed home.

Après ride brew

No comments: