Saturday, February 09, 2008

Determination

Determination

That one single word summed up what I needed today to get a ride in. I knew that there would be snow today but I really expected there to be less and the conditions to be much better than what they were.

The photo below shows my lonely tracks in the snow on my way to Snakes and Ladders to do some trail work. You can't see my bike tires because I had to carry my bike on my shoulders. The snow was wet, slushy and 18 inches deep.

My foot steps

Deep, deep snow.

I did manage to hike to the bottom of Snakes and Ladders and remove a tree that had fallen across the trail. After that I was bagged, so I picked up my bike and carried it back down the hill.

Shotgun was barely rideable at all. In all the time I have ridden at The Woodlot, today I saw the worst riding conditions ever.

It will be a few weeks before I can really get a good ride in on my favorite trails.

No comments: