Sunday, July 27, 2008

Elemental Shore Ride

The essential elements of a good Shore ride:
Climbing, rain, slick roots, rocks and dirt.

Today I encountered all these elements on my ride. I arrived at the Old Buck parking lot at 6:15am, unloaded my bike, put on my pack and began my climb in the light rain up the road. I had my iPod on and a hat to keep my head dry but only needed a t-shirt on my torso due to warm conditions. I was riding my Rune which hasn't seen any dirt for a few weeks and it was nice getting out and pedaling it again.

Unfortunately I didn't get any of the spectacular views you normally get on the climb up Seymour because of the clouds and rain. When I reached CBC, I took a shot of the entrance to CBC with the mist invading the trail.

The entrance to CBC

My route down was CBC, Corkscrew, Salvation, Pingu, Pangor, Slash and Empress.

Overall, I'd say I had a pretty damn good ride. No major spills, and I got a great workout getting to the top.

No comments: