Saturday, June 06, 2009

2009 Race the Ranch - Day 1

Once again I attended the Race the Ranch in Kamloops. One year older and a new bike to ride on a dry dusty course in Kamloops.

The day for me started early at 5:30am so as to have an easy relaxed drive up. On arriving in Kamloops I got myself a coffee, went and signed in for the race and then headed over to Rob's place to get our bikes ready for the race.

By 10am we were both at the race course and doing some practice runs getting used to the changes made to the course. There weren't really any features that I didn't want to hit but there were some lines that were a lot faster than other, so getting them right was imperative.

I followed Connor down the DH course to get a good handle on the course and footage to review later that night.

Race the Ranch DH 2009

Later in the afternoon Bryan, Rob, Karaleen, Conner and I did a few laps of Harper Mountain which was a hoot to say the least. Video below.

Harper Mountain

I then hooked up with the Trident Banshee team and did a few runs of the course with them. I was really the first time I had met these guys and the first time I has seen another Banshee bike.

Jay from Banshee was at the bottom of the course snapping photos and took a few of me.


Then after all this, I went to Rob's place for beers and a BBQ. I went to bed with a full belly and a mind completely consumed with thoughts of the race the next day. Rob provided good times and was a great host.

No comments: